Thursday, October 1, 2009

Memories & Some Insights

Posted by ac08qbla

I was just browsing through the blog and realized how nice it was when everyone was really active and really bothers to put up anything that comes in their minds.. i want to have that same momentum again, although it's a bit difficult right now because we've been so apart..
What I want to see as well is that we should have not only funny and random posts (which is so TAU), but we might as well discuss more serious stuff, because after all, we are Pisay Scholars, and we're not only random people - we are the type of people that can actually make changes, especially in our country. BUt yeah, i still want to have that touch of humour every now and again.
But all I want to see is actually that we are putting some effort into this.. I remember those days when i'm so excited to read the blog, coz everyone will be posting.. I want to have that spirit alive again.. I hope i don't lose the momentum as well, since i am very busy as well atm..

Just some updates with what's happening with me right now.
I am very busy with university applications at the moment.. I'm planning on studying in the US - damo damo didto scholarships, and I never knew about it.. I'm thinking of doing double major - chemical engineering and business.. I really want to do something nga makabenefit sa aton country, and as well as myself.. But yeah, dumduman nyo ang ginhambal sa aton ni Sir Almero? We should aspire to be employers, not just regular employees.. Hehe.. Now, everything is making sense.. We are all pisay scholars, and may we come from very diverse backgrounds, but we have some things in common - we are more gifted in the sciences and maths than most people.. And just to think about it, our potentials are enormous, and it's even greater if we work together.. And we have the greater potential to have the impact in our country, if we really strive to..

Like bal-an nyo tanan on how down our country is right now atm, and it looks like daw ka blur sang future, shouldn't we all strive to go outside the country and work. I still remember talking to some of you about our plans for university.. Almost everyone wants to take courses that would be in demand abroad.. Most of us have plans to work abroad for a better future.. But come to think about it, they will be benefiting more of us than our own country, even though you send all what you get straight back to home.. But yeah, what if we all strive our very best to work sa Philippines, or even start companies which would employ people?? Try to invest and work on what we have, and do our best to innovate and improve it.. I am sure that our country will be much better, and it will certainly be the country we want if we work hard for it.. BUt if everyone just leaves, then our country will be the shit we perceive it to be..

I want to work on this on a much bigger scale, like for example, PSHS-WVC, but then, in order to do this, I want to start this in our class, sambetau08.. I believe that the school should make the students realize more what the goals and mission are.. I don't think just randomly reciting it every monday is enough, nor does it matter.. It should be in the heart of every scholar, that since we have the potential, therefore we can have this great opportunity of having the responsibility to develop our own country. ANd if it's for the country's benefit, then it will be for us as well..

Let's put our own selves to the side for a little moment, don't aspire for the greatest gains too soon.. It may take a bit of a sacrifice, (remember ma'am resa and her classmate in la salle??) but I do think it's worth it.. We shouldn't complain how our country is, but we should do something about it.. It's a goal too far yet to be achieved, or it can be achieved, i don't know, but i'm willing to work on it..

I remember the day when I was so happy to finally leave this what i used to call "forsaken" country, and that given the opportunity, I was thinking to maximise the opportunities I will have outside of the country.. BUt I realized, that it can not only mean that I should work outside the country, but it can also mean that I can maximise the opportunities I have to our own country's advantage.. Now, my policy is Study Abroad, make use of the knowledge from outside as much as possible, learn from them, and use it to develop the Philippines.. Nice, right??

I was talking to this "soon to be" DH I met in Clark airport bound for KL.. She said "Grabe, kami nga nagpapakahirap para lang makalabas ng bansa, tapos ikaw nagtotour ka lang".. I thought about it for a second, then I said "Ngayon lang po yan, pero if magwowork na po, gusto ko po dito sa Philippines magtrabaho, at least mapapakinabangan ako ng bansa. I mean, sino pa po ba yung tutulong sa bansa natin kung hindi tayo?".. I felt kind of victorious at the moment, actually having the courage to say that..

I have the courage to say this to all of you guys, because I know na we're not just anyone - we are the ones who have the potential, we are the ones that can make the change. Let's help each other out. I hope you are all with me on this..

Let's make our country something that we can be proud of, ayt!!

Love you all!
Quinn

3 comments:

Keekers said...

My gad. Friend. I really love the post. I've read similar stuff in Sir Ed's blog on Multiply.
If only everyone or even just the majority would just realize the things you've said.
And I love your experience with that domestic helper. Haha. Lovette. <3

Ano gali ang about sa classmate ni Ma'am Resa sa La Salle?

Anonymous said...

xit emo bah. pro my point ah.
quinn, hope you achieve what you really want to do for our country. we are here to help. naks drama.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.